Why it is so important to be consistent in your marketing
I could write something the size of war and peace on the importance of consistency in your marketing and when building lead generation systems . Consistency and commitment is so important for your long term lead generating success.
I hear all the time that “telemarketing” doesn’t work and when I ask what they did I find more often than not that they did a random phone campaign and then went back into hiding behind their computer screen and never “outreached” again. Equally if they embarked on working with webinars to create a lead generating machine they gave up after the first 2 as it “takes too long” – in comparison to what?
10 reasons why the quitters to consistency need to think again
This is what I have got to say to the quitters out there:
- Everything takes time to work consistently eg, I have just converted a lead who showed up to a webinar I did for a mentor of mine to his large group of followers back in March 2020. This contact has just reached out to me in October having followed me on email (he is part of my email tribe) and LinkedIn for over 18 months without ever putting his hand up.
- Webinars (and anything worth doing) do take effort to put together but all that info is reusable and the webinar itself is repeatable. Like everything it gets quicker with habit and practise Not everyone who wanted to attended the first could, they are not all ready to buy at the same time but they need to know that you are there when they do need you.
- Showing up consistently builds authority and know like and trust – it lets people get to know you.
- If you are not putting on webinars or another specific activity, are you still showing up in front of the audience you do have with content, emails and maybe even a phone call. How are you bringing new eyes on to your work?
- People need to know that you are there for the long game and stick around so ultimately they know where you are when they are ready to buy. Repeatedly outreaching and showing up does that.
- Committing to a webinar every 12 weeks (4 a year) as a starter is a great start. One of the main reasons I want you to do this is because of the consistent work it will make you do to feed people into your pipeline and you will commit to an ongoing strategy of showing up.
- As an exercise compare costs and effort and rewards and connection with the lead generation exercises you have done. Perhaps a trade fair or even results you have got from a networking group. Look at investment, time, target market, conversations, leads you have achieved.
- Has the time that was spent been better spent on another lead generation project or has it just gone into the everyday.
- It’s a pain and takes, thought and effort to be effectively proactive and put aside time to create lead generation activities. This is why so many companies are not winning and are still looking for that silver bullet. If you haven’t go the time outsource it so you can win, you dont have to do it all.
- Look wider that the direct effort and reward for the work that you won or enquiries you had for over that time – high visibility has ripples and will have a positive effect on other areas of your business.
What to do if quitting is your problem
If you need any more reason why consistency is a commitment ther are possibly 2 things at a play:
- you are definitely not my ideal client or
- we need to have a chat so you can outsource your commitment to the lead generation work your business needs.